E2 Consulting Engineers, Inc. (E2) operates and maintains infrastructure, utilities, and other non-nuclear facilities, including routine surveillance and maintenance activities, in accordance with the Department of Energy’s (DOE) program requirements.
SRS D-Area Powerhouse
E2 provides Infrastructure Operations & Maintenance (O&M) support for Savannah River Site (SRS). Performance commenced July 2008 and the customer calculated $1 million annual savings from the previous operating strategy. As of January 2011, E2′s O&M support staff at SRS exceeded 135 employees. The scope includes all functions associated with:
- O&M of the D-Area power plant – a coal-fired powerhouse with capacities of 1.3M lbs/hr of 900 psi steam production and 75 MW electrical generation
- Project Management for substantial, ongoing D-Area power plant reliability upgrades
- O&M of 7 miles of inter-area steam lines distributing 325 psi process steam to site production areas
- O&M of river water pumping stations/facilities
- O&M of Site Railroad at SRS
- Surveillance and Maintenance of all D-Area administrative and excess facilities
- Startup testing, procedure development, and O&M staff training for new A-Area Biomass steam plant
- Integrated Work Planning and Control
- Maintenance reliability engineering, and predictive maintenance support to Infrastructure Services Division, including establishment of the Preventive / Predictive Maintenance program for the new A-Area Biomass steam plant
- HVAC maintenance services for preventative and corrective maintenance activities at SRS
- Implementation of operations compliant with all Savannah River Nuclear Solutions procedures and coordinated operational procedure reviews / updates for Conduct of Operation (DOE Order 5480.19) compliance
- Provision of central utilities maintenance shop functions
- Vehicle/equipment fleet and roads/grounds maintenance and management
- Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) opportunity identification and development
With the breadth of E2′s infrastructure experience at SRS, E2 is uniquely positioned to offer our clients a low-risk, competent, and efficient small business partner that can reliably perform these critical support functions.
DUF6 Conversion Project
In 2011, E2 was contracted to support the DUF6 transition team in Portsmouth, OH and Paducah, KY. E2 operations personnel re-wrote the DUF6 O&M Plan to ensure compliance with DOE Order 425.1D, DOE-STD-3006-2010, contractual requirements, and client specifications. Plans were developed for incremental startup of operational activities through establishing normal operations. E2 also conducted due diligence walkdowns to validate current conditions in support of startup documentation, including hot functional testing.